Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Our Brilliant Pet

While "s-t-u-p-i-d" is a bad word in our house, JM occassionally refers to our sweet Roxy that way. I wonder if he was watching the Today Show today?! I wasn't but I did read about it and will indeed remind him that Roxy is part Border Collie & Black Lab. (in case you don't want to visit the link, both of those breeds are listed as among the smartest dogs. Border Collie being the smartest) I think JM needs to come up with a new adjective for our 5th member of the family. JM by the way sure did seem to enjoy our reunion with Roxy this weekend ~ He loves her way more than he wants to admit. I love her way more than I thought I could love a dog.

Interesting Doggy Data:

He found the top dogs, in order of their doggy IQ are:
Border collies
Poodles
German shepherds
Golden retrievers
Dobermans
Shetland sheepdogs
Labrador retrievers

1 comment:

Kelli said...

my "mutt" is part Poodle part Golden Retriever, so I guess those people out there making "doodles" know what they are doing! :) Very fun!