i'm learning a lot these days about struggles, pain, joy, exchange, God's love & more
let me start first with the confusion i have in finding a church to plant, worship, grow, serve, etc. in. i LOVE LOVE LOVE Hope however we just haven't found our niche. i've taken the boys to a few other churches that i really like, we have friends at each one, and they each have choices for myself & the boys.
then i come back to hope. i think that is truly where we need to dig our feet . . . doing it is hard.
timely that i returned to hope last week for the series "empty"
. . . . . . . . . .
i've found my self asking "why" a lot over the past 2 years. why would God allow my man to leave our marriage. why am i without my best friend, Godly husband, ministry partner, etc.
i've loved the points the Lord has brought to my attention through the sermons these past 2 weeks.
* God's present in our sufferings. Job
* it's up to me to how to respond to these sufferings 1 Peter 1:7
* knowing the fellowship of His sufferings Phil 3:10
* every place of suffering is a place of exchange ~ if we are close to him isaiah 53:5
* my pain could make me a better friend to Jesus! NEVER have i thought of it like this. (LOVE THIS ONE!)
* beauty has nothing to do with what i look like but who I am
* He who has not suffered, what does he know?
and the biggie that struck me ~
"The losses I've experienced
may be the most powerful tools
Jesus uses to make me beautiful"
i no longer need an answer to all my "whys". instead i pray that i choose to rest in the ways God can use the mess & bless it. i like that answer way better than blaming Satan.
if you haven't seen it, you really might want to! haha. i've watched over & over just sitting here. oh i miss those little days!! it's funny sb commented on how huge he was then and now i'm looking back thinking aww . . . what a baby. i really miss when they were little. thankful that they're big, healthy, & strong. well you get it!
* boys' basketball was better today, still intense but cooler calmer parents, wish jm could coach both boys teams but that would be a lot! one of the coaches was rather rough in my opinion ~ it's the Y!!
* this post, this gal, her family, makes me smile, makes me cry, reminds me of hope. love their promise & re-promises to God & one another, as their children watched. what a gift!
* the last week, i've really had a hunch to hunker down & focus on some challenging words in 1 peter ~
"be holy, because I am holy"
i did say challenging!
* just now getting around to using the chika chika boom boom activity bag that i made over the summer. i can't find where i got the print out of the tree & alphabet. if you happen to know, please tell me so i can give credit.
* i've had fun making more since. the snowy day, laura numeroff's books, etc. love making reading fun for the kiddos. i put objects that relate to the story in a bag along with counting, sorting, phonics, matching games & props they can retell the story with. i'm on a roll!
* it's cold . . . maybe a night to bake something warm & cozy. chocolate chip cookies, cake balls? decisions decisions! maybe even some of that tasty cinnamon tea