Thursday, July 30, 2009
The boys loved the time they were able to spend with our neighbors Hunter & Brian. I on the other hand got to spend time with their mamas!
I got to spend some time chatting with Jennifer at Hollywoods . . . yummy! However, the company was way better than the food and the time was way too short. I did get to hold sweet little Addy. She's so soft and and I love the way babies smell.
and time with a favorite friend. That is always wonderful. Thanks for making the road trip Jillie!
3 Little Pigs ~ need I say more
JM got to catch up with one of his buddies too during our time there. Unfortunately the rest of the family was out of town.
All that to say, we all spent time with friends, relaxed, visited our favorite restaurants, & left the house move in ready!
Friday, July 24, 2009
~ we saw our roxie this week
~ JM's wonderful sister has graciously taken care of roxie during this transition
~ i've had time to create
i have adorable undercover crates & buttons to prove it
~ i've had wonderful time catching up w/ a few of my favorite girlfriends
~ the boys & i discovered a new to us treat ~
Sweet Frog a yummy place for self serve frozen yogurt in a variety of flavors to choose from and then you proceed to the toppings bar.
~ pool time i LOVE the pool
~ new opportunities for the boys to make new friends at our new church
~ ben has another super sweet SS teacher. she has been warm, welcoming, loving & nurturing through his anxious 1st couple of weeks. she sensed his apprehentions before we "officially" came when she met him early on. she sent him mail w/ pics of all of the children in their class and has made a point to encourage him in a way that he is not the center of attention. (very important w/ this little guy)
~ my parents came to see us this week
~ we are heading to roanoke later this week which means getting to visit w/ some good friends while we are there
~ it also means a meal at 3 Little Pigs
~ and a view of God's beautiful mountains
~ the amazing way God allows things to happen
~ playdates for the boys w/ their buddies
~ i LOVE summer time
~ i've been introduced to bun bun bags & looking forward to helping jenn
~ we have such wonderful family & friends who allow us to stay in their homes as we continue to "house hop" through the summer.
~ there's still plenty of summer left to enjoy
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Jacob wrote out our menu while I was in the shower. Actually he wrote a few choices for us to vote on. Can you guess which we made?!
Papaw really wanted pasta so that's what we went with. I did however get the goods to make the other well thought out meals for this week. I didn't get much help in the preparation from the boys but they were playing really nicely. So that in fact was helpful!
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Then we stacked the strips on top of each other
into 3 rows and laid on top of a long piece of string.
(doubled for extra long play)
Our boys along with their cousins
Ben's learning how to cut.
and Brownies that the Home Owner Friends left for us!
We've been staying at some special sweet friends' home this week. I was thrilled . . . so thrilled because we got to cook & eat as a family . . . on the screened in porch. It was such a nice evening.
Saturday, July 11, 2009
1. As silly as it sounds I love your teeth! I remember them the first time we met and I still love them today. They are perfect! Of course they make your smile even more amazing.
2. I appreciate that you enjoy shopping! I’m especially thankful when it’s helping me find stuff. It’s pretty cool that you like to shop more than most men. You have a great eye for style for our home, clothes, etc.
3. I’m so thankful for the wonderful way you lead our family. You are such an example for our boys of what a man after God’s heart entails.
4. You value quality time with me just 1 on 1, boy time with well, the boys, & family time. You realize the importance of all three and cherish it.
5. You treat our parents all wonderfully. You show your respect & admiration for them in so many ways.
6. You are an encourager. This is such a gift than I get to benefit from. I’m touched by the confidence you have in me even in the things I don’t feel capable of. I also enjoy watching you encourage others whether it’s the boys, youth, friends, or ministry partners. When doing this you are also instilling such a confidence in those people.
7. You are so good at helping the boys learn from their mistakes. I love to listening to you talk to them even in discipline. You help them become aware of their choices and even have a way of making them realize things on their own.
8. When you have that deep belly, giddy, silly laugh that you just can stop and your eyes start watering. I don’t even have to know what was so funny ~ laughing with you is incredibly fun!
10. Your yummy breakfasts are always delicious. Your offers to fix dinner are always welcomed. You graciously clean the kitchen after I’ve fixed dinner and dirtied every dish in the process.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
~ i LOVE her photography
~ i enjoy reading about their 3 boys
~ & now their little itsy bitsy baby girl
~i like her style through out her home
~ & her "pocs" (that's what i call bags, purses, pocket books, whatever you call them) i love them too!
she's teamed up w/Inspired Room to have a give away too!
POP on over & take a PEAK at her POCS.
You're gonna love them.
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
I love these milk crate cover ups
How about these adorable buttons
of course I can't wait to get back to work on this
Good thing Ijust happen to collect jars ~ when I saw this idea in the family fun magazine while waiting at the eye doctor. This is something I don't have to wait to make as I have most of the stuff with me!
Thursday, July 2, 2009
dinner on the porch
fresh fruits & veggies
tall glasses of iced tea
books on blankets in the back yard
freckled face skammer boys