Wednesday, August 20, 2008

the Return of Thankful Thursday

I am dragging this morning but WOW I have A LOT to be thankful for!

* at the TOP of my list is truly God's Amazing Faithfulness in providing strength to my sweet friend and her family. Jill has been an amazing example of giving God glory even in the midst of hardship. I just heard her say how nice it was to wake up to the sun shining Sunday morning...only hours after hearing about her husband's death. My husband writes about it so there's no need for me to repeat...just read his!


* the words to this song


Faith to Be Strong

Give us faith to be strong
Give us strength to be faithful
This life is not long, but it's hard
Give us grace to go on
Make us willing and able
Lord, give us faith to be strong

JM was listening to Andrew Peterson on his way to pick me up from Jill's house Sunday and played it in the car on the way home.

* Andrew Peterson! He came to Thayer's Memorial Service and led us all in worship. He sang More, Lay Me Down, and Family Man. What a Godly, humble man. "Andrew Peterson is my friend."

* i really have some precious boys in my life! time is flying with each of them! JM & I just celebrated 10 years! Jacob will be 7 next week and Ben is almost 5.

* life is GOOD!

* our God is an artist! take a look at his masterpiece all around you!

* this cup of caramel trufle coffee is attempting to wake me

* Jacob is sleeping in!

* a stay home day in the making

* lemon poppy seed puffs! I'll add the yummy recipe for that later.

Enjoy God!

No comments: