Sunday, August 17, 2008

He gives and takes away...

Those words have been ringing in my ears and I am so thankful for His promises. Then my sweet God reminded me of how "His mercies are new every morning". I have so needed these reminders during the last 24 hours.

Last night the mother of a very close friend of mine called to tell me that my friends husband was killed in a motorcycle accident. WHAT?! I have no idea what was said after that because all I could think about was my girl Jill and her precious boys. I spent most of the day with them today and continue to bathe in God's faithfulness. Thankfully Jill and her family also recognize the Lord's faithfulness and are seeking Him for comfort & strength.

Jill and I grew up together, fought like crazy ;) , were in each other's weddings, swapped maternity clothes, had beach trips, and have play dates with our boys (and were actually planning on one tomorrow since we now live closer to them). Now we are going to love on them through this too.

Thanks for joining me in prayer for them.

1 comment:

mama b said...

oh regina, this is heartbreaking. i am praying for jill and her family, and for you as you minister to her.