Sunday, December 26, 2010

December Delights

This month we've had tradition
and we tried to implement new traditions as well.

I've been brainstorming ideas to help the boys bless others
as well as look out for others in need.

Black Friday my mama & I headed to WalMart
on the hunt for items to fill our own
shortly after, we set to work!


We have them ready in the car
to spread a little love & warmth.
*   *   *   *   *
I've ALWAYS wanted to have a cookie exchange
with the boys & friends.
When chatting with a friend we decided to have one
only with a little twist.

We would each make cookies with our families
and then meet together to distribute
and do a little tasting as well.
We packaged them up pretty
and took them to an Assissted Living Home.

We sang at their request!





I hand delivered the invites so I didn't get the word out
to as many people as I had hoped.
We still had 6 families represented.
Be ready to join us next year!
or next month ~
one resident mentioned
that they are now going to expect us each holiday!

*   *   *   *   *

We had missed our friend Landon so much
that he stayed the rest of the day . . . & night with us!
He was so excited to have a sleepover w/ the boys.

After dinner we headed out for some Krispy Kreme,
Hot Cocoa, and Christmas Lights.
Roxy came along for the ride.

The line was so long that 2 of the 3 boys fell asleep.
We waited for about 30 minutes.
 They woke up long enough to eat their donut
then they were out again.
Jacob & I enjoyed lights at homes we've never seen
in years past.
Sweet Dreams Sweet Boys

No comments: